Friday, September 20, 2013

J.Lo: My Outfits Look Racier Because of My Body Shape

Before her widely rumored breast implants (or whatever it was that caused her chest to suddenly grow, as so many actresses' do), Kate Hudson once told InStyle, "Maybe the reason I don’t have a problem with nudity is that since I have such small breasts I never feel that they are gratuitous." If that is the case, then Jennifer Lopez experiences the opposite effect. In a new Telegraph profile, she addresses recent criticisms of the outfit she wore to perform live on Britain's Got Talent in a leather thong body suit.

I think it’s a little bit much ... I don’t think I’m any racier than any other female pop artist. OK, I’ll wear a sexy outfit, but I think it’s more because my body shape’s a little different to other body shapes, so that’s not very fair.

She's right, of course. Having a more bodacious figure means that showing skin has more impact. And we've gotten so accustomed to seeing extremely thin celebrities on-camera that when we see one with legitimate curves (and not "curves"), it's almost shocking. A thong on J.Lo looks radically different than one on Rihanna or Madonna. And while there's certainly something to be said for dressing with one's body type in mind, it is unfair to say that Lopez is a racier dresser than other pop stars, because she's not — she's simply got more to show, and she shouldn't be judged for it.

Speaking of which, she joins the great camp of famous women who call bullshit on the expectation that their bodies will bounce right back post-birth:

"Tricks" as in plastic surgery, contour spray-tanning, mysterious leg-rubs, and goodness knows what else. So let's enjoy J.Lo's thong-clad ass just the way it is.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment